Post by mintedstar/fur on Oct 1, 2020 22:54:09 GMT -5
Welcome My Dear Friends!
It's that time of year again! The trees are beginning to glow with a fire before slowly withering to bare branches and darkened limbs! That's right! It is Autumn! For most, it is a time for small pesky children to run screaming to doors in brightly colored costumes and/or ugly masks. For the artists, it is a time to cry over paper as they complete Some-sort-of-October art prompts. Everyone pity them, they have no hope. But if you're not outside running along with the kids (possibly dressed up, or possibly taking your children or younger siblings) and you aren't inside holding a pen and fulfilling drawing prompts, then what can you do?
Well, I'm pleased to inform you that October has come to the writing forums! Welcome! Welcome! Come in! Get comfy by the lightly glowing fire, have a slice of pie. We have many creepy tales for you coming - or maybe you would like to tell some of your own, eh? Well, read on, my dear writers and readers. For this is Halloween Town and you can expect the most October-ish writing you will ever see!
- Keep to the Forum rules
- Only stories posted to the forums will be read/reviewed
- Stories are reviewed by peers. On the last week a poll will be posted to vote on the stories created.
- Please fulfil at least ONE prompt. You can use more than one. But otherwise, it is up to you which you use.
- It is very encouraged that you read your fellow writer's submissions! There may or may not be a trick or treat from yours truly. Yes, I will resort to bribery in the form of fan art/fan banners. There will be one for everyone, regardless if they read anything or not, but the bribe still stands ...
- We'd like to request your font be on the larger side (this size or larger) and does not blend too much into the background. We have some users in this board who may struggle to read your beautiful story and we'd all like to review it if possible! <3
- Stories posted here are to feature stories for Off Topic Writing, please and thank you! If you wish to do the Warriors Fan Fiction contest, the prompts are the same. YES! If you wish to do both a story both for here and WFF, you CAN. Please do! Here's the link: click here
- Stories for both Contests are due by the 31th of October. All votes are to be in by 12:00 PST on the 5th of November.
- You can use stories which you have made previously - so long as they have never been posted on the WCRP forums before.
- There is no word count limit. So long as the story is completed it can be of any length.
Find a piece of art or photo that is spooky (or spoopy) and write a story about it.
NOTE: Excessively spamming the shoutbox may result in a 24 hour ban. Other forum rules still apply. Please do not advertise by linking other websites. Members are encouraged to report offending content to the moderators by PM.
Artemis Moon: Pretty sure nothing I do is normal, but sure. Reading that much in one sitting is perfectly fine and happens to us all.
Nov 23, 2020 18:44:14 GMT -5
Sand: I'll let it fly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as long as it's periodic, not incessant
Nov 23, 2020 19:03:48 GMT -5
Morior: i read 132 pages in one siting yesterday and planning to do it again today. The book I'm trying to get through is 1,338 pages long soo...
Nov 23, 2020 20:03:08 GMT -5
Ṣanɗypaw™: It's normal. One time after I got home from checking out a book from the library, I finished it all.
Nov 23, 2020 20:12:13 GMT -5
Ṣanɗypaw™: And it had like, one or two hundred pages, I think.
Nov 23, 2020 20:12:34 GMT -5
Violetsky: So I found out why none of my packages have been arriving. I had the wrong street address presented in my retail store accounts. Whoopsie!
Nov 23, 2020 21:31:30 GMT -5
Morior: on an ereader it tracks how long it takes you to read 1 page and then estimates how many hours/minutes it will take you to finish the book for a lot of the shorter books on mine it says only 2-3 hours
Nov 23, 2020 21:43:14 GMT -5
ѕρσσкуѕку: I remember when Sunrise first came out and I read it in just over two hours. It was pretty fun. I can't do that anymore though, takes too much mental energy for me. I usually tend to only read 1-3 chapters in a sitting now.
Nov 24, 2020 6:03:34 GMT -5
Violetsky: I try not to do the same anymore either. Not because I can't, but because after waiting for the book to arrive from Amazon for a week to several months, only to devour it in a matter of hours, would seem like such a waste in my eyes. :/
Nov 24, 2020 6:27:50 GMT -5
Violetsky: To each their own though.
Nov 24, 2020 6:27:55 GMT -5
Hopewish: lost stars was the first time in such a long time that a warriors book caught my attention and held it
Nov 24, 2020 16:26:46 GMT -5
Hopewish: I can already see why people say this is one of the better arcs
Nov 24, 2020 16:27:07 GMT -5
Violetsky: On a side branch, Dawn of the Clans could have been so much better imo.
Nov 24, 2020 16:51:21 GMT -5
Lizard: I think Dawn of the Clans is amazing!
Nov 24, 2020 18:35:14 GMT -5
Violetsky: Well it's not that I didn't like it- I think it was serviceable for the most part -I suppose I just set my expectations too high?
Nov 24, 2020 18:46:08 GMT -5
ღℳ𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓼𝓽𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓶ღ: Hi hi, I haven't been on here for years. Eek. Cringing at my teenager self.
Nov 25, 2020 7:36:24 GMT -5
ღℳ𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓼𝓽𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓶ღ: What's changed about the site since 2017?
Nov 25, 2020 7:37:02 GMT -5
Ṣanɗypaw™: I wasn't around in 2017, but from what I've heard, this place is less toxic!
Nov 25, 2020 11:36:25 GMT -5