Post by 👻mintedstar/fur⚰️ on Oct 1, 2020 22:56:24 GMT -5
Welcome My Dear Friends!
It's that time of year again! The trees are beginning to glow with a fire before slowly withering to bare branches and darkened limbs! That's right! It is Autumn! For most, it is a time for small pesky children to run screaming to doors in brightly colored costumes and/or ugly masks. For the artists, it is a time to cry over paper as they complete Some-sort-of-October art prompts. Everyone pity them, they have no hope. But if you're not outside running along with the kids (possibly dressed up, or possibly taking your children or younger siblings) and you aren't inside holding a pen and fulfilling drawing prompts, then what can you do?
Well, I'm pleased to inform you that October has come to the writing forums! Welcome! Welcome! Come in! Get comfy by the lightly glowing fire, have a slice of pie. We have many creepy tales for you coming - or maybe you would like to tell some of your own, eh? Well, read on, my dear writers and readers. For this is Halloween Town and you can expect the most October-ish writing you will ever see!
- Keep to the Forum rules
- Only stories posted to the forums will be read/reviewed
- Stories are reviewed by peers. On the last week a poll will be posted to vote on the stories created.
- Please fulfil at least ONE prompt. You can use more than one. But otherwise, it is up to you which you use.
- It is very encouraged that you read your fellow writer's submissions! There may or may not be a trick or treat from yours truly. Yes, I will resort to bribery in the form of fan art/fan banners. There will be one for everyone, regardless if they read anything or not, but the bribe still stands ...
- We'd like to request your font be on the larger side (this size or larger) and does not blend too much into the background. We have some users in this board who may struggle to read your beautiful story and we'd all like to review it if possible! <3
- Stories posted here are to feature cats in some way, please and thank you! If you wish to do the Off Topic Writing contest, the prompts are the same. YES! If you wish to do both a story both for here and OTW, you CAN. Please do! Here's the link: click here
- Stories for both Contests are due by the 28th of October. All votes are to be in by 12:00 PST on the 31st of October.
- You can use stories which you have made previously - so long as they have never been posted on the WCRP forums before.
- There is no word count limit. So long as the story is completed it can be of any length.
Find a piece of art or photo that is spooky (or spoopy) and write a story about it.
NOTE: Excessively spamming the shoutbox may result in a 24 hour ban. Other forum rules still apply. Please do not advertise by linking other websites. Use spoilers when necessary. Members are encouraged to report offending content to the moderators by PM.
Turin not Torino: I once checked in a guest that lived on Fire Star Ct. I also used to live down the street from a Half Moon Dr. The weirdest one for me though is my ex named his kid Brook(e?) Hazel, and I am willing to bet he'd never even heard of Warriors before.
Nov 24, 2022 4:18:53 GMT -5
Hal: Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Nov 24, 2022 12:10:20 GMT -5
Dawnmist: Happy thanksgiving!!
Nov 24, 2022 12:40:01 GMT -5
𝙵𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙: Happy thanksgiving!
Nov 24, 2022 14:04:39 GMT -5
silvermoon2💖: 🍄🎶✨Brambleheart✨🎶🍄 Thats so cool!
Nov 24, 2022 18:15:39 GMT -5
silvermoon2💖: Happy Thanksgiving!
Nov 24, 2022 18:16:04 GMT -5
Fireclaw3: Hope y’all had a good Thanksgiving last week
Nov 29, 2022 18:40:22 GMT -5
Tawnyfire: i keep getting drawn back here by memories of old rps, but i can't tell if they were here or the old site, but memories all the same
Nov 30, 2022 1:25:41 GMT -5
☾ ☯♢ Ivyeyes ♢☯ ☽: i love rps!!!!!!!!!!! CRINGE CULTURE IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 30, 2022 10:53:15 GMT -5
Tawnyfire: i genuinely don't know what cringe culture is
Nov 30, 2022 13:38:05 GMT -5
Hawkeyes258: It's assuming certain things people like are considered cringy. Usually used by edgelords who want everyone to be miserable
Nov 30, 2022 13:45:59 GMT -5
Tawnyfire: oh, that's what that is
Nov 30, 2022 13:48:22 GMT -5
Quill: A YouTube called Contrapoints does an excellent video essay on cringe culture, I highly recommend it.
Nov 30, 2022 16:25:50 GMT -5