I think that there’s definitely a second world similar to the livings’ one that the cats go to when they die. It was probably retconned but I remember a StarClan cat saying that the skies they went through to follow the Clans during the journey to the lake were unfamiliar or something like that, and like some of the living Clan cats stayed behind, so did some of the StarClan cats. I think that cats are able to go there if they can find the way, and the path is easier to find if they believed in or had knowledge of a particular afterlife before they died.
When a cat’s spirit fades or is killed, they’re reincarnated. The second world that StarClan cats and other spirits wander is merely the waiting room for reincarnation.
Additionally, I headcanon that the longer a spirit takes to reincarnate, the more powerful they will be in their next life. This is why it’s so important for cats to be remembered, because the quicker they’re forgotten, the quicker they reincarnate.
The ghost realm is for lost souls that couldn’t find their way to the second world. They stay on the earth, but due to technically no longer being a part of that realm, they can’t affect their environment as easily as the living can.
The fact that cats “fade” in StarClan always bugged me and freaked me out as a kid. Why was that fact necessary? I always just assumed that the cats spirit no longer existed after they faded. Like, they are just... gone. At least thats the vibe i got when reading warriors. However, it would be cool if they were reincarnated or went to another cat heaven
I think cats that fade eventually reincarnated. It's not a immediate thing of course. I also don't think it's just a constant stream of reincarnated cats- there would be new cats souls mixed in with the old. It would take a a generation or two before the old would get an opportunity to be reborn.
And it wouldn't be a clean reincarnation, most things and traits get removed, but a few might remain (favorite prey, spot in their den, etc.)
- When any cat dies, they become a ghost. Their spirit wanders the real world, only able to interact with very small things. Communication with living cats is technically possible, but extremely difficult.
- Ghosts can absolutely talk to and physically interact with other ghosts and most of them spend their ghost-life hanging out with each other.
- The strength of a cat's spirit is directly correlated to their living memory. If they recently died and many cats remember them, then their spirit is strong and can interact more with the physical world. As their living memory fades, their spirit also fades until they disappear.
- When a spirit disappears, their spirit basically collapses into soul dust which is then recycled into a new spirit for a kit on the way.
- ROGUES/LONERS: Any cat that is not remembered at all can't have a spirit in the ghost plane. Rogues and loners that aren't remembered by anyone or anything have an extremely short ghost-lifespan.
- KITTYPETS: Kittypets are (presumably) remembered by their Twolegs, and since Twoleg lifespans are so much longer than cats, kittypets have a very long ghost-lifespan where they look after their housefolk.
- SECULAR GROUPS: For groups that don't believe in an afterlife (like the Ancients), the ghosts just congregate around the living cats. It's its own afterlife in a way.
Living cats that do believe in an afterlife, their belief is able to create an alternate plane of existence. When a cat dies, they become a ghost as normal, but a cat from the other plane can come and guide them to the afterlife.
Ghosts from these planes can (technically) leave the plane as they see fit (think StarClan cats appearing to MCs in the waking world), but often they stay because they have no reason to leave.
Ghosts in religious planes have far more power than normal ghosts, and can control the environment to a certain extent and appear in living cats' dreams.
Living cats who visit these planes through supernatural means still have any injuries they received in the plane upon leaving, though certain planes like StarClan can employ supernatural healing abilities if they have enough power.
- Atheists in the Clans still go to StarClan as long as they have a cat already in StarClan willing to guide them there.
- The early living Clans only created StarClan as a place for dead cats to go, no distinction on whether the cats were good or evil. Therefore, the Clans only created one alternate plane for their dead ancestors. The Dark Forest exists on the same plane as StarClan, it is essentially a prison for bad cats. Good StarClan cats patrol the border and make sure bad cats stay in the DF.
- Because DF cats are part of a religious plane, they can appear in living cats' dreams just as easily as StarClan cats. They simply can't cross the border into StarClan much in the same way a WindClan cat can't cross the border into RiverClan territory-- they can physically do it, but they're going to get curb-stomped. (this is the motive behind the DF invasion in OotS).
As for double-deading, I really hate it, actually. I'm totally, 100% behind the idea of fading, that makes perfect sense to me. But double-deading is just weird and doesn't make any sense. I guess, given all my intricate headcanon rules I just shared, killing a ghost would fast-forward their spirit to the point of collapse. Typically, a spirit weakens over time as their living memory weakens, until finally the ghost can't hold their spirit together and it collapses into soul dust, ready for a new kitten. Killing a ghost would weaken their spirit to the point of collapse even though their living memory is still around. I guess. Like I said, it's dumb.
Post by 🇲🇴🇷🇷🇮🇬🇦🇳 ⥇ on Jul 21, 2020 22:59:14 GMT -5
Personally I like to headcanon that cats that fade completely get 'recycled', their soul and energy kind of gets reincarnated into another generation or cat :> i guess this isnt original to what other people are saying but I quite like that the idea that forgotten cats get to return to the land and clans they loved so much
Either becomes a "Wandering Ghost" if was never taught about StarClan, a StarClan Cat if was a decent cat (Not a major criminal, like a murderer, or hadn't had hidden evil intentions) who knew of StarClan, or a Dark Forest Cat if they knew of StarClan but didn't fit the other requirements to be a part of StarClan. In StarClan, you can be granted special powers. The most important for this is Fear Power. To prevent from going to Second Death, you can preform a spell (Not necessarily fear magic) to plant a "Seed" in an unborn kit. The kit, when born, is almost a reincarnation, except certain eye details may come slowly. Eventually, the ghost takes full control. This reverts them to Pre-Death.
If they were a really amazing cat and did many great things, then the True God would make them a Higher Being. Higher Beings look more like constellations, with just a tiny hint of color, and are granted a single unique power, but not extra wisdom (They still must gain it through experience). If they don't fit the requirements, then they get turned to dust and get trapped in a certain dimension, but can be freed by Fear Powers. Once freed, they remain nonliving dust unless a certain spell (Not necessarily fear magic) that revives the dust back to a ghost is used, but even a very, very powerful sorcerer loses half of their body from a successful attempt. The ghost then reverts back to First Death.
NOTE: Excessively spamming the shoutbox may result in a 24 hour ban. Other forum rules still apply. Please do not advertise by linking other websites. Members are encouraged to report offending content to the moderators by PM.
~Ƈαммι-`ღ´-: ;u; I have no idea what to do with some of my OCs anymore
Aug 7, 2020 17:28:52 GMT -5
Fwoggo: It's 2020 and I still like cats
Aug 7, 2020 19:33:04 GMT -5
Fireclaw3: So do I, I remember the countdown during its final hours. Had a lot of good memories from that place. Met many people that I’m proud to call my friends.
Aug 10, 2020 3:40:25 GMT -5
~Ƈαммι-`ღ´-: I remember staying away in the final hours and just switching over here a bit early to avoid (most of) the chaos. XD
Aug 10, 2020 14:05:08 GMT -5
~Ƈαммι-`ღ´-: *reading the chance chart thing on the ITW RP section* o.o' I'm confused, does that mean RPers won't have any say about whether or not any of their charries die/which ones die in battles or outbreaks??
Aug 10, 2020 20:43:47 GMT -5
𝕊’𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖: Hi I’ve never really used the shout box but hi! I’m the leader of ShadowClan, and that’s not true at all, members will have complete say on what happens to their characters, can you tell me where you read that? I can look it over and hopefully clear it up!
Aug 10, 2020 22:26:25 GMT -5
𝕊’𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖: Wait I found it! Okay so basically the chance chart just offers up chances to see how your characters would handle battles/sickness/etc, however if you don’t like the outcome, you definitely wouldn’t have to do it!
Aug 10, 2020 22:29:56 GMT -5
~Ƈαммι-`ღ´-: Oh, ok! I was just kinda concerned about that for a moment O.o Still thinking of joining in by the way, just need more time to sort out my charrie ideas. cx
Aug 10, 2020 23:34:06 GMT -5
𝕊’𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖: Totally get that! We’d all love to have you if you do decide to join!
Aug 10, 2020 23:49:03 GMT -5