Post by mintedstar/fur on Oct 6, 2019 2:47:12 GMT -5
Welcome My Dear Friends!
It's that time of year again! The trees are beginning to glow with a fire before slowly withering to bare branches and darkened limbs! That's right! It is Autumn! For most, it is a time for small pests children to run screaming to doors in brightly colored costumes and/or ugly masks. For the artists, it is a time to cry over paper as they complete Inktober prompts. Everyone pity them, they have no hope. But if you're not outside running along with the kids (possibly dressed up, or possibly taking your children or younger siblings) and you aren't inside holding a pen and fulfilling drawing prompts, then what can you do?
Well, I'm pleased to inform you that October has come to the writing forums! Welcome! Welcome! Come in! Get comfy by the lightly glowing fire, have a slice of pie. We have many creepy tales for you coming - or maybe you would like to tell some of your own, eh? Well, read on, my dear writers and readers. For this is Halloween Town and you can expect the most October-ish writing you will ever see!
- Keep to the Forum rules
- Only stories posted to the forums will be read/reviewed
- Stories are reviewed by peers. On the last week a poll will be posted to vote on the stories created.
- Please fulfil at least ONE prompt. You can use more than one. But otherwise, it is up to you which you use.
- It is very encouraged that you read your fellow writer's submissions! There may or may not be a trick or treat from yours truly. Yes, I will resort to bribery in the form of fan art/fan banners. There will be one for everyone, regardless if they read anything or not, but the bribe still stands ...
- We'd like to request your font be on the larger side (this size or larger) and does not blend too much into the background. We have some users in this board who may struggle to read your beautiful story and we'd all like to review it if possible! <3
- Stories posted here are to feature stories for Off Topic Writing, please and thank you! If you wish to do the Warriors Fan Fiction contest, the prompts are the same. YES! If you wish to do both a story both for here and WFF, you CAN. Please do! Here's the link: click here
- Stories for both Contests are due by the 28th of October. All votes are to be in by 12:00 PST on the 31st of October.
- You can use stories which you have made previously - so long as they have never been posted on the WCRP forums before.
- There is no word count limit. So long as the story is completed it can be of any length.
Revisit an old story you have heard which was spooky (or spoopy). Retell at least one aspect of it.
(Spoilered for rotting tree that looks like a face)
Post by phantomstar57 on Oct 6, 2019 10:32:33 GMT -5
I have a story that is halloween based, with a cat as a main character. Its probably the only horror story i ever wrote, and its in my short story book I have out. Not sure any of the prompts fit it. . .but I'd be happy to share, and I can since I own the copyright.
Post by Maplestone360 on Oct 7, 2019 12:07:12 GMT -5
I appreciate the tag, but I happen to be part of the sorry crew who are holding a pen and crying over paper as they try to complete Inktober prompts, and school already has my stress level through the roof, so oops
I'll try to read what everyone else comes up with, though!
Post by phantomstar57 on Oct 7, 2019 16:16:35 GMT -5
OK got my page up today. If it does not belong here please say so. Don't want to cross post if it is not allowed. Story is not a fan fic but an original work and the only horror story I ever penned. BUT the main character is a cat. The prompt I chose was "lifeline"
NOTE: Excessively spamming the shoutbox may result in a 24 hour ban. Other forum rules still apply. Please do not advertise by linking other websites. Members are encouraged to report offending content to the moderators by PM.
ʀᴀɪɴʟᴇᴀғ 🍁: Skyrunner is valid like Cloudrunner.
Jun 2, 2020 22:00:15 GMT -5